Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Has Sprung


Ready or not, spring is upon us. She sprang forth with a vengeance this week. Today was so sunny I even got HOT...and I don't LIKE getting hot. The daffodils did, though. My word. It seems like they shot out of the ground in one day. Zip! And they're up and blooming. Amazing. Especially since last week we were shivering in the cold!

Darwin and took a little spin down 180 W...and found the first tree in bloom in our neighborhood this season.


The hossy loves spring too, I'll bet! I hope this shot shows up nicely, because it looks outlined in sun in the original.



Darwin has spring fever running in his veins. He has cleaned out all the old dead tomato vines from our grow boxes, and tilled up the garden area out back. He wants to plant peas RIGHT NOW! He feels the pressure of being behind all the other gardeners in the neighborhood. After all, Bishop Beatty has already planted his peas! Darwin took some seeds out of the yummy Campari tomatoes we get at Costco. He dried them out, and then put them in the freezer to give them a fake winter. Then he took them out, and planted them in little seedling peat pots. They are in a warm room in the house, with covers over them to retain the heat while the tender young things sprout...if they will germinate at all. Darwin clucks over them like a mother hen. I am praying that at least some of them poke their little heads up!!!
Here's the farmer in his back yard!

4 comments:

Juje said...

I love it! Ah, I miss wonderful warm weather!

Sarah said...

Your farmer is so cute fussing over his little seedlings. I loved the pictures. It makes me miss Hurricane and the early spring. You are blessed!

Bean said...

You are making me homesick!! I know you guys are coming here soon for a visit, but it feels like an eternity since I've been to Utah. We've had very warm weather here too, but things won't start blooming for a LONG time. Oh well.

The Buzz said...

I want to come by when the tomatoes are done for a tomater sandwich :)
You're so lucky because not very women have their very own handsome farmer!